Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9 year old understands monkeys

In southern Mississippi lives a boy with an amazing ability. Two years ago, little Jonah Piers was on a trip to the zoo with his two brothers when his mother, Deborah, discovered that her son could understand and converse with the monkeys.

"He stood there listening to this monkey talk to him through the bars, and told me that the monkey was looking for a mate. When I laughed and said 'Sorry' to the monkey, it turned away and ran up one of the trees. Jonah then told me that the monkey was angry, to which he flung feces at me"

The ability has made the youngster very popular in his school.

" Whenever we go to the zoo I always make the other kids laugh with the jokes that the monkeys tell me" He says.

However, the last monkey the youngster spoke with told him some grave warnings.

" He told me the day is coming when humans would be the ones behind the bars, and watched in zoos"

Could a "Planet of the Apes" type world be in the future. Only time will tell.


Photo courtsey of Michael Wells

No comments: